Senior Software Engineer, Analytics - Apple TV Services
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
What happens when the world’s most innovative engineers collaborate with the world’s most creative storytellers? TV gets reinvented. Meet the reinventors: The Apple TV Services teams created and manage the Apple TV app as well as tvOS, which redefined and refined the way people watch their favorite shows, movies, and so much more — including everything they love from the major subscription services. Today, these teams also manage one of the most exciting new realms at Apple: They bring viewers the critically acclaimed and award-winning Apple Originals in Apple TV+. And they’ve engineered it so Apple TV+ can be enjoyed not only on Apple devices, but also directly on many new televisions and third-party streaming devices. To deliver Apple-level quality on a global scale, these engineers employ talent and tools to smoothly ingest and process a wide array of media assets. They work cross-functionally to handle video flow from content ingestion, playback, transcoding, and virtually everything else it takes to make the experience as seamless as possible. Join them to see what else is possible!
- Significant experience in designing, implementing and supporting highly scalable data systems and services in Java and/or Scala
- Experience in Hadoop/Spark, noSQL stores, and traditional databases
- Distributed Computing technologieHadoop MapReduce, Spark / Spark-SQL, YARN/MR2
- Building and running large-scale data pipelines, including distributed messaging such as Kafka, data ingest to/from multiple sources to foster batch and near-real-time/streaming compute components
- Experience with Data-modeling and data-architecture optimized for big data patterns (efficient storage and query on HDFS)
- Knowledgeable about distributed storage and network resources, at the level of hosts, clusters and DCs, to tackle and prevent performance issues.
- Experience with low-latency NoSQL datastores and traditional relational databases is desired
- Ability to communicate optimally; both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical multi-functional teams
Do you have a desire to work in a multidimensional and significant work environment? Are you upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive demeanor? As a member of the Data Engineering team, you will work on a small team to develop large scale data pipelines and analytical solutions using Big Data technologies. You will assist to craft and implement features that rely on processing and serving very large datasets, so an awareness on scalability is required. Because you will have to harmonize with other groups on an ongoing basis, good verbal and written communication skills are significant to this position. You will also enjoy the benefits of working in a fast growing business where you are encouraged to “Think Different” and seek very exciting technical challenges, and where your efforts play a key role in the success of Apple’s business. You will have development and implementation experience of large scale mission critical applications. Leadership is also meaningful for this position, as you will be looked to for technical mentorship and standard methodologies. If you are a standout colleague with curiosity and aim to explore new technologies, and apply creative solutions to problems with a focus on data — we want to hear from you!
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree, Master's degree; or equivalent work experience in Engineering, Computer Science, Business Information Systems. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.