Cellular RFIC Test Automation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Would you like to join Apple’s growing cellular transceiver silicon validation team? Our team is responsible for all aspects of 5G NR cellular silicon development with a particular emphasis on highly integrated and efficient designs and technologies that transform the user experience at the product level. As a cellular transceiver test automation engineer, you will be at the center of the wireless system characterization effort within a team responsible for designing and productizing state-of-the-art cellular communication devices. In this role, you will develop the test and automation frameworks used by the test and validation teams to characterization the cellular RFIC. You will architect and implement the Automation framework supporting bringup, characterization, and system testing flows.
- We want you to have 3+ years of wireless SoC test automation experience. We are open to multiple experience levels.
- Experience with wireless SoC software/automation tool development and flow, firmware and DUT control level automation experience is preferred.
- Strong programming skills with Python for test script generation in a HW/SW environment and strong debugging capabilities.
- Experience with data analysis and visualization tools.
- Experience with automation infrastructure integration (e.g. GIT/Gitlab/CI, Jenkins, database).
- Good understanding of databases (e.g. Mongodb or SQL).
- Experience with RFIC chipset test with lab equipment such as signal generator, spectrum analyzer, DC analyze is preferred.
- Experience with digital interfaces, FPGA, and Production Test systems is plus.
Gather requirements, architect, and implement and maintain the test automation tools covering the wireless SoC test flow. Develop software for automating test equipment control, device control, test flow control, data acquisition and processing. Support validation and design engineers for bring up and test wireless SoC, perform system integration, characterization and optimization. Work with RF validation engineers to develop software automation test plan, analyze test data and generate test reports. Continually work to improve testing speed, coverage, accuracy and reliability.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in CE, CS, EE or related field is required, Master degree preferred.