Optical Engineer (OLED-Displays)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is looking for an Optical Engineer to lead the development of new display technologies that will be used in award-winning Apple products. This individual will make major contributions to innovative display concepts and architectures on the ground breaking of technology.
- Proven track record of near-field and far-field optical modeling (e.g. Lumerical, LightTools, etc., distributed computing experience preferred)
- In-depth experience with optical device characterization and optimizations
- Hands-on experience in optical device design, development, prototyping and building optical instruments
- Expert knowledge in scientific programming, signal processing and data analysis (machine learning experience is a plus)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proactive demeanor and team-working spirit
- Experience in product development preferred.
- Investigate advanced OLED display technologies with in-depth physical measurements and sophisticated optical simulations - Build optical models and designs by combining simulations of the near-field and far-field light propagation. Validate relentlessly - Analyze the trade-offs between design, process, optical performance, and implementation feasibility - Conduct optical measurements on display optical design and performance - Predict visibility of optical artifacts, conduct user study and generate specifications - Work with a multi-functional team and external vendors on OLED display architecture, prototyping and system integration. Solve critical issues
Education & Experience
- Normally requires Ph.D. or M.S. degree in Physics, Optics, Material Science or EE