Machine Shop Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Is prototyping your passion? Do you enjoy managing high performing teams? Does inspiring change get you excited? Come join us and motivate our team of machinists to build prototypes and manufacture high quality parts in a safe manner while achieving team performance goals like Quality, Safety and Capacity Utilization.
- Minimum 3 years experience in managing teams. Direct experience managing prototyping, machining or manufacturing preferred.
- Experience with Machining (Mill, Lathe, EDM Sinker, EDM Wire) strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of CAD/CAM software such as NX, Cimatron, Esprit, Hypermill preferred
- Knowledge of Laser prototyping capabilities and options is helpful
- Solid understanding of Lean Manufacturing preferred
- Proficient in the use of personal computers and the suite of pages/numbers/keynote or equivalent to perform daily work
- Superb communication skills, including written and verbal instruction
- Strong proven experience in managing change with teams and development of team members in continuous improvement methodologies
- The ideal candidate will have a love for a fast-paced and multi-focused work environment.
- In this role we look upto you to Hire, train, develop and inspire a team of machinists that are responsible for making high quality, complex and creative parts for product development - Drive team building and collaboration for daily objectives and set direction for growth with the team - Facilitate collaboration with customers and internal teams to in order to achieve established lead time and quality goals - Identify and drive continuous improvement opportunities in both process and people oriented activities - Lead diversity initiatives and promote inclusive behaviors across shop operations - Provide personnel development plans, give feedback on performance and administer annual reviews and compensation plans with directs reports - Analyze operational data and develop action plans for improvements. Review, educate and supervise ongoing cell performance to goals with the team - Compose and deliver presentations with concise messaging and clear proposals for the organization - Lead creative problem solving and troubleshooting activities for failures and other improvement opportunities - Develop delegation and succession plans within your team - Demonstrate the capability to develop and execute a project plan across for the team including delegation and follow up accountability for deliverables - Assist in developing and communicating shop goals. Work directly with the team to build plans for achieving and improving in targeted areas.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing Operations, or related fields