Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We are a small, productive team of passionate engineers building the infrastructure to validate a very wide range of Apple-designed silicon devices that power the iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad, Mac, and more. We collaborate with electronic engineers to build mechanical fixtures for cutting-edge silicon packages, including sockets, thermal stations, and robotic chip testers. Our silicon characterization infrastructure enables our silicon engineering team to produce world-class silicon on a tight schedule. We are looking for a senior Mechanical Engineer to own the design, development, and validation of test sockets, fixtures, and thermal solutions used for silicon characterization.
- Hands-on product design experience in consumer electronic products or modules
- Direct fixture design experience, especially thermal fixture design, is highly preferred
- 3D CAD experience required, NX preferred
- Familiarity with printed circuit board and flex circuit technology is required
- Basic understanding of EE concepts is required
- Thermal system design experience highly desired: heat sinks, heat pipes, vapor chambers; familiarity with chillers and thermoelectric heads
- Discipline in GD&T practices with close attention to datum establishment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and people skills; ability to interact with management, team members and external vendors
- Teamwork: the candidate must be able to communicate well with cross-functional team members, be able to efficiently collaborate with team members to achieve project goals, and contribute positively to the engineering community.
You will be responsible for the end-to-end mechanical development of sockets, fixtures and thermal solutions for silicon validation. You will work with socket suppliers and thermal-solution suppliers to define requirements and develop technical specifications. In addition, you will handle external partners and projects to ensure interoperability of internal and external components and timely project completion. You will qualify socket suppliers, thermal-solution suppliers, and fabricators. Working with multi-functional teams to ensure successful system integrations is a must! You will drive internal development methodology and processes and provide experienced mentorship on design and fabrication issues.
Education & Experience
BS / MS / Ph.D in ME is required