Engineering Program Manager- EPM: Packaging
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Are you passionate about the "unboxing" experience when a new product arrives on your doorstep? Do you find yourself holding on to an Apple product package longer than other packages you've opened? You're not alone! Our team is responsible for the design decisions that go into making millions of Apple products' packaging. We have a diverse and inquisitive team that drives creative thought. By giving the team the resources they need to be leaders in innovation, we are also successful at driving precision. Through our collaborative process we create memorable experiences for our customers. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of an Engineering Project Management Team that sets the standard in cultivating excellence, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products? Apple packaging is a world-class team thriving in conducting a memorable and delightful introduction to an amazing array of Apple products. As a Packaging Engineering Project Manager you will be responsible for leading development activities, executing builds, driving testing and validation of the design, and finally handing off a high quality, first class product to mass production.
- You should have at least 8 years of combined experience in project management and mechanical engineering delivering products comprised of multiple materials and high aesthetic quality
- You are comfortable to drive day-to-day activities to meet overall project objectives
- We look up to you to enable the development effort by creating and monitoring an efficient, streamlined process. Redirect pitfalls and develop a better course of action
- Identify and direct all resources required to execute successful projects
- Collaborate and facilitate communication across engineering managers, operations manager, marketing managers and our OEM partners to meet very aggressive cost, schedule, and quality goals.
- Lead cross-functional communication between project teams and external vendors
- Provide timely issue resolution and critical path management
- Offer multiple levels of status across a wide spectrum of individual contributors to executive management
- Understand technical issues and drive them to closure by bringing together key partners for decision-making
- Excellent communication, organizational, and leadership skills
- Self-motivated and dedicated with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Ability to work in a high-pressure dynamic environment and demonstrate agility
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity
- Multinational development experiences also a plus.
- Understanding CAD/Mechanical design is nice to have.
For this role we are looking for a Project/Program Manager with a minimum of 5+ years of related packaging/mechanical background. If you were a practicing engineer prior to becoming a project manager, you will add great value to this role. You are an authority of Multi-tasking and dealing with ambiguity. As a packaging EPM, you will support cross functional teams like Operations, Mechanical Engineering, Design and Marketing. You are experienced with portable consumer electronics devices and familiar with mechanical enclosure parts. To thrive in this role, you need to have detailed knowledge of product development processes as well as a strong understanding of manufacturing processes.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Engineering is preferred. - MBA and/or PMP certification preferred
- - Mandarin fluency is a bonus.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.