HWE - Field Design Engineer (Internship)
Uxbridge, Greater London, United Kingdom
We at Apple change the lives of people through innovation. Join us for 6 months and be a part of highly skilled and motivated team to realise your dream of innovation! Apple Wireless Systems Division in London is currently seeking enthusiastic technical major interns to experience work and culture of Apple. The selected candidate will be working with the Field Design Engineering team. We are looking for a candidate who is self-driven and has - Software coding skills & Wireless experience - Enjoying solving technical issues and building up HW/SW tools - Ability to handle multiple tasks Depending on the technical strength and background, interns will be assigned tasks to support ongoing technical projects of different engineering teams.
- Proficiency in wireless communication and signal processing
- Outstanding academic achievements in own field of study
- Strong programming skills in two or more languages such as Python, C/C++, Matlab, etc. with Linux and MacOS
- Project experience in programming, firmware, and or system level design
- Machine Learning knowledge and experience is a plus
- Commitment to intensive testing practices
Specific project and assignment will be hand-picked by our engineers based on individual strengths and background of each student SOME GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE: - Build SW automation and analysis tools used for Apple wireless product validation - Evaluate novel wireless concepts and features to develop analysis and post-processing tools - Improve existing automation systems by data analysis and user feedback - Propose and implement innovative ideas to improve current wireless solutions - Presentation and communication of results to cross functional teams
Education & Experience
Should be currently enrolled as a Bachelors, Masters or PhD student within Computer Science, Electronical Engineering courses or related fields.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace