Systems Quality Robotics Automation Engineer (Swift)
Boulder, Colorado, United States
Do you like robotics and want make a positive impact on the direction of new technologies in consumer products? We're seeking a creative and motivated Systems Quality Robotic Automation Engineer with excellent analytical, programming, problem-solving and communication skills to join a Systems Quality team working to ensure world-changing products are delivered at a high-quality to all our customers. You will be creating robotics solutions to test Apple products, ensuring their outstanding quality before they reach customers! Come join our team!
- Proficiency creating and using robotics and/or mechatronic systems (e.g. Arduino, sensors, actuators) to build automated solutions.
- Proficiency with Swift, and coding apps for iOS and/or macOS.
- Proficiency in Python or similar scripting languages.
- Experience with computer vision (openCV).
- Experience with applied mathematics (e.g. linear algebra, transformation matrices).
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate.
- Design, engineer, maintain, and run robotic test systems, incorporating actuators, sensors and software to interface, trigger and sense hardware and software features in Apple products. - Develop Swift applications for iOS and/or macOS as part of automation and testing solutions. - Analyze automation results, and use them to regress, isolate, report and quantify the impact of all issues found. - Collaborate with cross-functional teams to run experiments and analyze their data in order to drive positive change in Apple products. - Advocate for the customer and drive for the highest quality at all levels of the product.
Education & Experience
- BS in EE, CE, CS, ME, or equivalent engineering degree (MS preferred)
- Nice to have:
- - Experience designing and working with electronic circuits, and troubleshooting electronic signals for mechatronic applications.
- - Experience with CAD tools like NX or Solidworks.
- - Experience with machine learning.
- - SQA or System Test experience, preferably on consumer-facing HW/SW products.
- - In-depth understanding of iOS, OS X, or Unix
- If you are a Colorado resident, this is for you:
- At Apple, we see the whole you. We carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. Systems Quality Robotics Automation Engineer starts at a minimum hourly rate of 39.08/hr. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Every Apple employee also has the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder, because all team members are eligible for stock grants and also a discount when purchasing Apple stock.
- We offer all kinds of ways to experience well-being, confidence, and satisfaction. Learn more about Apple benefits.
- Note: Apple benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.