Wireless Software Development Engineer - Tools
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Region, Hong Kong
The Field Design Engineering team is looking for a highly motivated Wireless Tools & Automation developer with in-depth knowledge of Cellular technologies and excellent programming skills. Come and join us! The position entails designing scalable tools to automate the cellular analysis and data mining for frontend and backend systems for worldwide Field Design engineering teams. You will be involved in designing the automation system and applications for the latest iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch products and help to drive and improve the quality of future Apple products.
- Strong Software Engineering skills including Design, Object Oriented Programming (Python/Objective-c/Swift preferred)
- Ability to translate the Wireless Cellular Technology Protocol knowledge into requirements & working code
- Strong knowledge of LTE Technology and the different control layers (L1, RLC, RRC, NAS) as well as data plane protocols.
- Experience in 5G (NSA & SA) is a strong plus.
- Work on all phases of the development lifecycle, including continuous integration, testing, deployment, and refactoring
- Passionate about automation and tooling as they play a critical role in software development
- You have strong analytical and interpersonal skills with an ability to thrive in a multi-functional environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
The successful candidate will be working with several cross-functional teams to understand the automation requirements and will be involved in an effort to develop innovative tools, maintain, and improve our automated systems that are used across multiple wireless technologies and the globe.
Education & Experience
Bachelor or Master degree with relevant work experience in CE, CS, EE or related field.