Corporate PR Lead, Korea
Seoul, Seoul-si, Korea (Republic of)
At Apple, ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Imagine what you could do here! Apple's worldwide communications team informs the world about the company, our innovative products and services, and the values that drive us. The team includes professionals with backgrounds in corporate communications strategy, journalism, media relations, buzz marketing, and event production. We are seeking a Corporate PR Lead to drive strategy, planning, and execution of our Corporate communications programs and initiatives in Korea! This is role is expected to be hands on, working day-to-day with the team and other critical functions including Marketing functions, GA, Apple Retail, Legal to build our corporate narrative and champion Apple’s contribution and values, as well as driving the strategy and execution. The role will also be expected to leverage and build positive relationships with media and editorial partners, tuning in to what is happening locally to ensure our messages are precisely delivered in the appropriate depth and scale, to the right audience at the right time. In addition, you will partner closely with WW team members to align on messaging and global initiatives while also defining and implementing market specific ideas for current and future stories. You have excellent communication and relationship building skills that will allow you to drive alignment and advocacy across multiple partners in Cupertino. Qualified candidates will be extraordinary teammates, self-motivated with a passion for consumer technology, innovation and culture and have a deep understanding of the local media landscape and social media space. This role will require you to be highly organized, able to work under tight deadlines, ability to navigate in a world of ambiguity, with a keen attention to details.
- 10+ years experience in PR. This might include roles in PR agencies or corporate PR departments
- Experience working for or with a global organization in both consumer and/or corporate PR capacity, consumer technology and lifestyle markets are preferred
- Deep understanding and network with local media/journalists
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills combined with detailed project management
- Ability to continually prioritize and multi-task in a dynamic, creative, energizing environment
- Highly collaborative with extraordinary social and relationship-building skills
- Experience in issues management
- Availability to travel
- Proficient command of English and Korean language
- Have your finger on the pulse of the constantly evolving media landscape for opportunities and recommend how we can capitalize on them to improve coverage - Be the local authority as pertains to PR initiatives, with the flexibility to support other areas as needed - Have the capacity to handle crisis and other reactive PR situations with grace and ease - Proactively identify and call out potential public issues that may impact Apple; diffuse rumours, and resolve conflicting messages - Supervise key coverage for your areas and share news with the Korea and global teams when relevant - Plan and manage a number of projects, prioritizing these to meet critical deadlines delivering work on time and on budget
Education & Experience
University degree in Business, Communications, Marketing or Journalism
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.