GPU Power Integrity Engineer
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you will help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient GPU. You will ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you will be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. This exciting role requires a mix of strategic engineering along with hands-on, technical work. You will be responsible for realising the complete electrical analysis closure from early design planning to tapeout. You will have hands on experience in physical design and large chip integration.
- - Experience planning, implementing, and analysing power delivery networks. Emphasis will be with on-die high frequency power delivery, but exposure to off-die concepts and models is required.
- - Your expertise working with different types of power-gated delivery techniques are crucial, including distributed and ring methods. Experience with in-rush current analysis and mitigation techniques recommended.
- - Showcase your experience with bump planning and redistribution layer routing strategies, including methods for working with IO bumps and edge encroachment scenarios.
- - Experience with fundamentals of Signal/Power Integrity checks for Electro-migration and Static Noise checks. Circuit design and simulation background is a plus, but not required.
- - Background with Power Integrity analysis methodologies including Static IR & Dynamic Voltage drop checks, involving both Vector-less and Vectored approaches.
- - We value a consistent record in all aspects of ASIC integration including Floorplanning, Clock and Power distribution, global signal planning, I/O planning and hard IP integration.
- - Your depth of expertise with large SoC designs (>20M gates) with frequencies in excess of 1GHz using innovative technologies will serve you well.
- - From a CAD tool perspective, prior experience with global power integrity tool (e.g. Redhawk, Voltus) is required. Additional experience with global timing verification, SPICE simulation/analysis, and Physical Design Verification Flows are a plus.
Work closely with the Physical Design team to design power grid specification that achieves the best balance between power integrity targets and PnR Performance, Power & Area (PPA). Drive definition of on-die power switch topology, wake-up schemes, and in-rush control. Collaborate with internal teams to drive bump map, custom RDL routing, and package design/optimisation. Develop test structures, procedures/automation, and analysis methodologies for electrical analysis challenges. Perform Power Integrity, EM, and ESD analysis, drive feedback, and recommend design solutions. Are you a confident problem solver who thrives to find new, creative solutions? Are you ready to help chart the future of Apple's ecosystem? If so, we are excited to hear from you!
Education & Experience
MSEE OR EQUIVALENT IS REQUIRED
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.