GPU Top Level Physical Design Engineer
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Do you love crafting sophisticated solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you will help design & manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient GPU. You will ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and authoritatively handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you’ll be crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, we enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. This role requires a mix of strategic engineering along with hands-on, technical work. You will be responsible for implementing complete chip design from netlist to tapeout. You will have hands on experience in physical design & large chip integration.
- - Deep experience with all aspects of ASIC integration including Floorplanning, Clock & Power distribution, global signal planning, I/O planning & hard IP integration.
- - Deep knowledge of GPU issues such as multiple voltage and clock domains, ESD strategies, mixed signal block integration, and package interactions.
- - Familiar with hierarchical design approach, top-down design, budgeting, timing and physical convergence.
- - Your depth of expertise on integrating IP from both internal and external vendors and be able to specify and drive IP requirements in the physical domain will serve you well.
- - Experience with large subsystem designs (>20M gates) with frequencies in excess of 1GHz applying brand-new technologies.
- - Familiar with various process related design issues including Design for Yield & Manufacturability, multi Vt strategies and thermal Mgt.
- - From a CAD tool perspective, experience with Floorplanning tools, P&R flows, global timing verification and Physical Design Verification Flows is required.
Collaborate with FE team to understand chip architecture and drive physical aspects early in design cycle. Help push innovation with the physical design team, as you drive methodologies and “best known methods” to streamline PD work. Develop PD guidelines and checklists, drive execution, and supervise progress. Be the focal point for P&R. Drive the work among PnR engineers to set goals, plan short and long-term work, understand dependencies between different domains like top, STA, block place and route. Reach new career highs as you resolve design and flow issues related to physical design, identify potential solutions and drive execution. Are you a confident problem solver who thrives to find new, creative solutions? Are you ready to help chart the future of Apple's ecosystem? If so, we are excited to hear from you!
Education & Experience
MSEE or equivalent is required.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.