Field Design Engineer
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Region, Hong Kong
Imagine what you could do here? Come and join us! At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming outstanding products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! The Field Design Engineering team is looking for a motivated, highly technical Field Engineer with experience in mobile communication systems. Successful candidate will be involved in evaluating the latest iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch HW systems in both field and lab.
- Solid understanding with practical experience in cellular technologies and standards (UMTS, LTE, 5G)
- Live network test experience with the ability to identify specific test scenarios
- In depth knowledge & expertise in system test plan creation and execution for any given wireless technology
- Professional communication skills tailored to situation and audience
- Good interpersonal and proven written/verbal communication skills
- Able to work independently and proactive
- Demonstrate the ability to own a complete functional area of an application or product
- Fluent in English
- Able to travel locally and internationally
Field Design Engineer will be involved in evaluating the latest iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch HW/SW systems in both field and Lab. This includes very early evaluations of our prototypes and HW systems on different wireless technologies, including performance metrics creation/evolution, post processing and analysis of trace log from the field. It also includes running focused experiments in relationship to RF/OTA performance, acoustics, thermals, GPS and NFC validation, etc.. The successful candidate will be working with several multi-functional teams and perform deep dive analysis into internal logs to understand and identify root cause of any HW/SW system issues.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- - Strong problem identification and issue resolution abilities
- - Good analytical skills and judgement to provide highly creative solutions
- - Knowledge of GNSS and /or NFC technologies is a plus
- - Experience with test box as RF Signal Generators, etc is a plus
- - Scripting experience is a plus