Development Manager - Japan
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Region, Hong Kong
The Retail Real Estate & Development team are responsible for growing Apples physical Store presence globally by pursuing incremental Apple revenue opportunities in existing and new markets. The Retail Development Team are responsible for building the physical Retail Stores to be functionally defined for maximum efficiency, while providing the right experience for every customer and employee. The team leads the development process from Financial Approval to Completion of the Store, leading a large number of internal and external teams.
- Education in Estate Management, Architecture, Construction, Engineering or applicable degree with graduate studies preferred
- 5 years + experience of development and/or project management on complex building projects
- Experience in efficiently handling external project teams to ensure that the projects are delivered on time, within budget and to the highest quality
- Be capable of understanding the management structure within the Business, clear reporting lines of communication and when to bring up key issues to the Leadership team.
- Ability to evaluate and assess risks, derive mitigation measures and perform risk management
- Full professional language level for written and spoken English and Japanese
The Retail Development Manager leads a multi-disciplined team to plan and build Apple Retail Stores. The Development Manager will have strong Leadership skills and behaviors to enable the team to deliver the projects on time and within budget. Partner and collaborate with various internal Apple teams to ensure alignment between the Real Estate and & Development team and the wider Operational Business Partner with Real Estate team to negotiate terms of leases, handover conditions and agreements for Lease Outline Drawings consistent with the design approach crafted for the proposed development Ensure that projects are set up properly and with standard methodology processes and systems to ensure the teams can operate efficiently and optimally using the Business workflow process and Apple Standards of Quality and Design Prepare and handle detailed budget, cashflow and schedule in order that the project can be delivered within budget and on time Management and administration of complex Legal Agreements with Landlord, General Contractor and Key Consultants Secure entitlements, variances and approvals for outstanding and innovative buildings by interacting with Planning and Building officials
Education & Experience
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.