Analog Mixed Signal Design Verification Engineer
Swindon, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people's lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? We have an opportunity for an outstanding Analog Mixed Signal Verification Engineer in our Swindon office! As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the great opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and encourage millions of Apple's customers every day. We are looking for an Analog Mixed Signal Verification Engineer who will enable us to verify our next generation of PMUs, in close collaboration with the design teams. The responsibilities include contributing to the top level verification of our PMUs. A number of IP specific features as well as interaction between IPs will also be part of the expected verification scope.
- Experience with developments in hardware descriptive languages: Verilog, System-Verilog, and/or Verilog-AMS code
- Strong analog and digital design background to identify failure possibilities, work through first order debugs, and analyse analog verification results
- A background that includes scripting or programming languages is preferred. These include, but are not limited to, TCL, Skill, Python, and/or PERL
- Familiar with analog behavioural models
- Familiar with verification methodologies and tools: simulators, waveform viewers, execution automation, coverage collection, experience developing scalable and portable test cases
- Possess sufficient analog IC background to identify failure possibilities, work through first order debug, and analyse analog verification results
- Knowledge of analog concurrent assertion and static analyses checks is a plus
- Understanding of both power management and related auxiliary circuitry: switching converters, linear converters, reference circuitry, band-gaps, data converters, and clock generators
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, combined with the ability to collaborate
- Ability to work well on a multifaceted team, take ownership and motivate self and others
- Participate on the definition of a Verification Plan for PMUs interacting with relevant teams - Participate on the environment setup necessary for each project mixed signal verification - Implement the verification plan ensuring a stable environment - Implement a regression setup - Work with multi-functional teams across Apple, to ensure product quality - Work closely with peers to achieve efficient and aligned methodologies
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent is required
- Some international travel required.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.