London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. You bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple is in search of an experienced Data Engineer to join the Apple Services Marketing Measurement team in London to help produce datasets necessary to drive optimal marketing of our Services. As a Data Engineer you will develop pipelines to ingest, standardize, combine and action marketing datasets. Your systems will build stakeholder trust and work to automate many manual processes to increase the overall efficiency of marketing. You will work closely with the analytics, product, and data science teams to identify reporting needs, automate recurrent requests, and propose changes to improve the quality and granularity of the information that is processed.
- Ability to design ETL pipelines for metric persistence
- Experience building both near realtime and batch systems that scale
- Experience developing and running systems on AWS
- Ability to deliver projects in Python
- Deep understanding of using relational and columnar databases to organize and present data in a cloud environment like AWS
- Ability to create and execute testing plans to ensure data quality
- Ability to deliver projects in Java or Scala
- Experience working with serverless architecture
- Understanding of data preparation for machine learning
- Understanding of data preparation for performant reporting dashboards
You will be responsible for developing data pipelines to support the needs of analytics and data science teams as they deliver reporting metrics and insights for campaigns running through the internal media activation team. You will have end to end coverage on this system, from how the system is designed through how it is tested and operated. You will be expected to write meaningful tests, create systems to support the reliability and resilience of the project, and work on features to improve the overall level of service for your core clients.
Education & Experience
At least 3-5 years of experience in a Data Engineer role Bachelor’s degree - ideally in an analytical field such as Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Software Engineering, Computer Science, etc.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.