Space Planning Specialist - Apple Media Products Engineering Team
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Operations and Supply Chain
The Apple Media Products Engineering team is one of the most exciting examples of Apple’s long-held passion for combining art and technology. These are the people who power the App Store, Apple TV, Apple Music, Apple Podcasts, and Apple Books. And they do it on a massive scale, meeting Apple’s high expectations with high performance to deliver a huge variety of entertainment in over 35 languages to more than 150 countries. As a strategic point of contact for Space and Occupancy planning and business unit workplace requirements, we are looking to you to partner with team admins, senior level management, Recruiting, Finance, Real Estate & Development, and On Site Facilities to collaborate on the space planning and headcount process for AMP EMEIA Region based in London.
- Proven experience balancing multiple projects with minimal supervision in a dynamic environment
- Experience with Tririga a plus
- Excellent communication skills and an aptitude for blending qualitative and quantitative data into executive level presentations and messaging
- Your ability to develop conclusions and make recommendations to all levels of management within the org.
- Background developing tools and streamlining systems to update floor plans and keep track of open seats, changes and organizational growth
- A clear track record of making a difference in organizations and projects (including process improvement)
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to adapt to changing organizations and environment and the ability to prioritize will be key in this role
You will be responsible for driving and delivering on key operational initiatives from ideation through implementation that span AMP and other cross-functional organizations. The ability to influence Sr. leadership on strategic initiatives will be key. This is a great opportunity for a self-driven individual to utilize their business and organizational acumen, strong collaboration and relationship building skills, and ability to execute and deliver. Partnering with Apple RE&D is critical to success and long term goal achievement. In this role you will: Ensure business’ allocation and adjacencies are met Benchmark space metrics to ensure consistent employee experience across locations Optimize occupancy plan within existing portfolio, support moves and re-stacks Report on supply and demand including space utilization, headcount growth forecasting, specialized business requirements and occupancy metrics Coordinate efforts with leadership team to develop global location strategy Validate headcount projections by geo Provide sound problem solving frameworks, especially working within ambiguous or undefined environments Partner with business leaders and cross-functional stakeholders to address any emergent business needs or issues, including driving escalations as needed Related programs and projects as they arise
Education & Experience
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.