Apple Media Products (AMP) - Software Engineering Project / Program Manager
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Apple Media Products (AMP) is an exciting environment and dynamic development organization. With customers in 155 countries, we are a fast-growing marketplace for music, movies, TV shows, books - and, of course, apps. Successful Program Managers are responsible for shipping new features. We're looking for people with the ability to ship complex, customer-facing products under demanding timelines. This is a hands-on position where the Program Manager will be involved in requirements analysis, functional and technical design discussions, testing, proof-of-concept, working with partners, and more. This is not a task-based job; you will be responsible for successful outcomes and delivery. Strong fundamentals are a requirement but you have to have more. You take responsibility; you feel a personal stake in the products you ship; you communicate responsibilities and scope clearly; you value integrity; you know how things work; you work for the success of the entire team; you thrive in uncertainty and strive to bring order to it; you have deep wisdom and judgement; you keep your eye on the ball; you build strong relationships; you are aware of politics but do not get mired in them; you are constantly looking to improve yourself and your team; you're prescient; and you ship products which millions of customers will use.
- Experience in software development project management
- A proven track record in the successful delivery of customer engagement focussed projects
- Strong technical proficiency
- A clear track record of making a difference in the projects you drive
- Naturally accountable and responsible
- Self-starting, self-motivated, focused, and self-sufficient
- Extraordinary communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) to all levels of an organization
- Strong facilitation skills (requirements sessions, design meetings, progress and status meetings)
- Experience working with a global team
Drive and ship large, multi-functional projects and feature areas Lead all aspects of multiple concurrent features including scope, requirements, timelines and resource allocation Define business, functional, and reporting requirements (often writing them yourself) Take a role in improving how features are built and executed in the Apple Media Products organization Own overall multi-functional schedules, including Apple Media Products development, other Apple groups (client teams, device teams, other business teams), and backend reporting systems Collaborate with Design, Engineering, QA, Legal, Finance, Privacy, Anti-Fraud, Business Operations and other organizations both inside and outside of Apple to develop and improve Apple Media Products’ suite of features.
Education & Experience
BS/BA Degree and/or MBA preferred