Apple Pay - Engineering Project Manager
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
The Apple Pay Program team is looking for an expert project manager to drive Apple Pay Transit projects! We deliver integrated system solutions for Apple Pay and work closely with client engineering, third-party integration partners and other backend systems. We live in a fast-paced matrix organisation where you will need to scope and prepare projects from the beginning across multiple teams, handle documentation, effectively communicate project status, manage project risk, and drive continuous improvement. The transit system arena and digitisation of wallet content is an exciting space. This is an extraordinary opportunity to work in the team that powers Apple Pay!
- Results oriented, highly motivated and able to work under minimal supervision in a cross-functional environment at detailed levels whilst taking account of interdependencies at higher levels.
- Strong background in system implementation project management using proven software development techniques.
- Effective presentation, oral, and written business communication skills with various audiences and levels.
- Ability to quickly respond to changes in business scenarios, projects and resources - adapting accordingly and positively.
- Ability to participate in and facilitate requirements brainstorming sessions.
- Effective decision-maker – balance risks and benefits for the overall good of Apple.
- Proven past in technical and engineering project delivery.
- Able to build a positive relationship with cross-functional internal organisations. Navigate and implement in an environment of ambiguity and lead teams to the successful delivery of solutions.
As part of the Apple Pay Program team, you will be working closely with Wallet & Payments Services Engineering, Product, and multiple cross-functional teams within Apple, and external partners. You will have the opportunity to lead and facilitate cross-functional engineering discussions. Coordinate aspects of project information including timelines, resource allocation, scope definition, execution, all the way to launch. Assist management in assessing and prioritising projects while actively seeking problem resolutions. Analyse data and report to management and others.
Education & Experience
• Training in project management or equivalent work experience is highly desirable. • Preferred BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or similar technical field, or equivalent
- This role may require occasional international travel/transatlantic travel.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.