Advanced Manufacturing Engineer, Core Technologies - Korea
서울, 서울시, 대한민국
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple do not just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that has revolutionized entire industries. It is the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. We have a wonderful opportunity for an Advanced Manufacturing Engineer with our Core Technologies team. We invite you to join us on this journey and help us leave the world better than we found it!
주요 자격 요건
- Strong work experience in precision assembly, inspection and automation equipment
- Required to understand and build tolerance analysis for parts and assemblies
- Knowledgeable in crafting machine qualification requirements, design of experiments and failure analysis
- Understands machine qualification including calibration, correlation, capability, repeatability and reproducibility
- Able to communicate effectively in a worldwide environment
- Responsible for designing precision assembly and measurement processes for Apple products. Perform the research and development on new technologies vital to resolve sophisticated assembly and automation problems that have direct impact to the quality and delivery of Apple products. Design, implement and effectively scale automated and semi- automated solutions based upon sound engineering principles and the technologies developed for a specific application. - Develop new and or improved processes through the application of theoretical and practical engineering - Stays on top of all relevant technical trends and developments and incorporates them in appropriate assignments - Provide direction and mentorship to third party machine/automation suppliers and/or CM’s; be the technical leader and driver on owned projects; serve as a technical resource to other engineering groups and project leaders - Organize multi-functional reviews of machine requirements, design, qualification and capability - Create Request for Quotation/Proposal (RFQ/RFPs) that details the design requirements of the automated equipment, delivery schedule, required documentation and qualification for acceptance at machine supplier facility and contract manufacturer’s factory - Engage machine suppliers for automated equipment design reviews and proposals - Ability to travel internationally up to 40% - Travel to the machine supplier and contract manufacturer for equipment bring-up, qualification, acceptance testing and support during build events - Drive machine qualification, including correlation, process capability (CP/CPK) and Gage Repeatability / Reproducibility (GR&R) - Drive failure analysis and machine issue resolution when working with machine suppliers and contract manufacturers - Run equipment experiments to bound the capability of the machine - Responsible for data analysis reports to communicate machine capability to the multi-functional teams - Performs assignments in several of the following manufacturing engineering functions: - Design for Manufacturability - Provide early and on going manufacturing involvement to ensure new products are mechanically manufacturable. - Product Engineering - Works all phases of a product from concept to repeat manufacturing to end of life. Provides production support engineering with respect to technically sophisticated testing methods, procedures and failure analysis. - Process Engineering - Designs and develops technically complex processes to improve quality and efficiency. Apply statistical tools (such as GR&R, SPC and Cp/CpK) to ensure processes/fixtures are scalable and are continuing to perform properly once qualified. - Failure/Data Analysis - Plans, develops and implements technically complex procedures for the testing and evaluation of soon to be released products. Specifies test to be performed, compiles data and makes recommendations for product design changes and final assembly standards. This will include the use of Design of Experiments (DOE) and statistical analysis using Six Sigma principles.
교육 및 경력
- BSME or equivalent (MSME desired), with 5 plus years in an engineering role with experience in automation equipment used for alignment, assembly and/or measurement of components.
추가 요구 사항
- - New product introduction and Manufacturing Operations experience desired
- - Strong track record of cost reduction, project management and engineering design required
- - Strong understanding of GD&T principles is favorable
- - NX, SolidWorks CAD or ProE experiences a plus
- - Knowledge of optics principles as they relate to CCD cameras, 2D and 1D lasers, and their use for positioning and critical alignment machines
- - Basic understanding of liquid adhesives, PSA’s and VHB’s a plus
- - Solid understanding of robotics (6-axis and/or SCARA), pneumatics, servo motors, motion controllers, PLC and PC-based control systems
- - JMP, Minitab & Six Sigma experience preferred
- Apple is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.