Platform Publisher Manager, APAC
Seoul, Seoul-si, Korea (Republic of)
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! Apple’s software platforms provide seamless experiences across all Apple devices, empower people, and celebrate artists with breakthrough services including Apple Music, Apple TV, the App Store, Apple Books and Podcasts - known collectively as Apple Media Products or AMP. We have an exciting opportunity for a Manager with excellent communication, collaboration, and technical skills to lead a team of Platform Publishers who oversee daily and weekly tasks to publish content across our media storefronts globally. In this role you will lead a team of AMP Platform Publishers delivering content and campaigns for the APAC region.
- Ability to lead, support, and empower a team, ensuring they remain aligned to wider organizational and business goals.
- Skilled at developing and exercising cross-functional communication and influence across business partners at all levels, both in-market and globally.
- Experience with web-based Content Management Systems, including familiarity with tracking asset and copy IDs, managing platform page structure, and bug or enhancement ticketing systems.
- Communicates clearly, concisely and in a timely manner across multiple audiences and partners, including direct reports and colleagues who are remote.
- Comfortable delivering against tight and sometimes shifting deadlines and balancing multiple priorities at once.
- Familiarity working with technical and engineering teams, with the ability to translate complex technical concepts into simple terms with multiple audiences.
- A strong desire to learn and help shape new tools and processes with an ability to think strategically and tactically.
- A deep passion for technology, digital-media content, and the customer experience.
Platform Publishers sit at the heart of our AMP services, working with multiple teams to bring editorial featuring to life across our platforms and to safeguard the integrity and customer experience within the Apple Services ecosystem. The global Platform Publishing team coordinates and deploys featured content across all Apple Media products and storefronts across multiple platforms (iOS, MacOS, AppleTV). The team works closely with Editorial, Design, and Production teams to supervise & facilitate programming, support QA and publish digital content for daily featuring and major campaigns. The role of Manager will require you to support the team in the execution of their daily and weekly tasks and identify ongoing opportunities to drive efficiency and scale through the Publishing team. You will: - Work closely with business partners to understand their priorities in-market and for the APAC region at large and help to develop and execute plans for delivery. - Collaborate with a wide range of worldwide teams - including EMEA and US AMP Publishing counterparts - to ensure local initiatives are communicated and delivered in accordance with business goals. Similarly, you will engage with these partners to develop roll-out plans for global initiatives in APAC. - Work with relevant teams to provide and prioritize use-cases the and testing of new features that will eventually fold into the Publishing team, as the scope and processes for Platform Publishing will continue to evolve in line with ongoing tools development, - Oversee Publishing work to ensure that tasks are completed to deadline and projects adhere to the finest standard. At times, you may lead projects directly, but with a core focus on supporting your team. - Lead your team to identify areas for improved efficiencies and process solutions with business partners, build and maintain documentation and reporting on key data points relating to capacity, resourcing, and delivered projects. - Anticipate and adjust the scope of Publishers’ work, refine team goals and performance metrics over time as business goals grow and evolve. You will make data-driven recommendations for process and scope evolution, and engage leadership to lead change. - Drive a strong, open, positive and supportive team culture and establish solid relationships with partners built on trust, collaboration, and aligning objectives. The position may require occasional evening and weekend work in coordination with partners across multiple time zones.
Education & Experience
5 or more years of web systems/digital content management experience required; team management experience preferred. Candidates from all education backgrounds who meet the key qualifications are encouraged to apply. There is no degree requirement. Additional: Fluency in English, other languages beneficial.