iOS Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you a fearless thinker? Do you love the challenge of advancing a widely accepted technology? In the Wireless Software group, you’ll be responsible for bringing groundbreaking wireless connectivity to the world through Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, and more. You’ll design, develop, and patent the next generation of our state-of-the art connectivity technologies. You’ll collaborate across departments to help craft wireless solutions that elevate the customer experience with Apple products and services. Our goal is to ensure nothing stands in the way of our customers’ connections with their devices. If you join us, you’ll help build world-renowned wireless systems so seamless that they almost feel like magic. Join our Wireless Technologies and Ecosystems (WTE) team and drive innovation that matters! We build and seamlessly integrate technologies that enrich peoples' lives and deliver the absolute best user-experience. If you're passionate about technology, we may have the job for you.
- Strong experience writing C++ code in a POSIX environment
- Proven understanding of multi-threaded programming and synchronization
- Broad experience in overall system design and implementation
- Excellent debugging skills
- The ability to thrive in a collaborative environment and can clearly communicate while expertly driving multiple projects
The Wireless Telephony Communications team is looking for a highly motivated Software Engineer to help develop our next generation of iOS and watchOS products. As a member of our team, you will participate in the development of telephony solutions which Apple’s cellular product's use. Your daily duties will include: The design and implementation of new features to the telephony middleware library Defining, planning, and crafting the overall system architectures for our products Work cross functionally with other software teams to design and implement APIs Debugging failures during field, interoperability, and type-approval testing
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Confirmed experience mentoring other team members while leading projects.
- Validated experience with Test Driven Development.
- Experience developing in embedded system environments.
- Experience with git revision control.
- Familiarity with the overall architecture of consumer electronics.
- Experience with Boost C++ libraries a plus.