Apple Media Products (AMP) - Java Software Engineer, Delivery Engineering
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Apple Media Products are the team behind high profile services such as Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, Apple News+, Apple Fitness+ and more! We are looking for a hardworking software engineer, with a passion for doing things the right way to join our team. We don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- Overall demonstrated ability in software development.
- Substantial Java programming experience
- Strong software and system design skills are required.
- Experience of using automated testing throughout the SDLC
- Practical experience building and testing RESTful services.
- Experience in software testing frameworks like JUnit, tools like Rest Assured and techniques like Canary Analysis, Chaos Engineering
- Demonstrated experience architecting, developing, and deploying internet-scale, distributed and critically important services is required.
- Strong experience with improving Software Development Lifecycle and CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Helm and Spinnaker
- Some experience with large-scale datacenter application deployments including monitoring and planning.
Our team is in the business of helping Apple Media Products to produce higher quality software. We build software to assist teams to test effectively, perform CI/CD deployments and measure their effectiveness at this. Are you excited about automated testing and continuous deployment? Do you enjoy collaboration, testing and reviewing internally? You will also collaborate multi-functionally with various teams across Apple to drive project from inception to design and implementation, and deliver the project with consensus and minimal guidance. Having strong problem solving and effective communication skills, able to cut through ambiguity to drive what matters, and focus on delivering simple, high quality, yet developer-friendly solutions will be the keys to your success. You should be someone not afraid to challenge assumptions, and be confident working under evolving goals and strategies to make forward progress on your work.
Education & Experience