Senior Packaging Engineer
Seoul, Seoul-si, Korea (Republic of)
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming products, services, and customer experiences very quickly! Do you want to impact millions of users by developing an extra-ordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product?
- 10+ years of semiconductor or related backend and packaging experience.
- Experiences on high precision die pick and place tool and assemble process is a plus
- Experiences on equipment design/customization is a plus
- Understanding on process integration (wafer or panel process) is a plus
- Knowledge and experience on defect detection, containment, and root cause analysis
- Familiarity with defect inspection tool and ability on recipe setup/optimization
- Good command on skills of data collection, analysis, and characterization.
- Effective written and spoken interpersonal skills in English
- Self-motivated and willing to take challenges to new technology
- Good personality with creative, aggressive, hands-on working style
Your role is to set up and develop advanced assembly/packaging technologies in die pick and place and establish quality improvement defect cleaning and inspection modules for process improvement. You will need to work closely with multiple teams to meet process integration requirements. We are looking for individuals who are very innovative with a proven track record in both development phase and volume manufacturing.
Education & Experience
M.S (PhD preferred) in Electrical, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Materials Science or similar disciplines.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicant. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.