Apple Pay - Software QA Engineer (Security)
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
The Apple Pay Security team is looking for a technically curious and detail oriented candidate to join our quality engineering team. The products we most commonly work on are in Wallet, with a focus on Identity experiences. Apple services are an essential part of the Apple experience. Our users rely on services such as ApplePay, iTunes, the App Store and much much more to communicate, to access powerful applications, and to build, store and protect their memories seamlessly across all their devices. We strive to improve user experience by avoiding unnecessary friction. You will perform continuous quality analysis and provide internal tools to help ensure that quality of the products we ship to customers are of the highest standard. The group comprises teams of Software Developers, Data Engineers, Data Analysts and Data Scientists that focus on crafting and implementing fraud prevention mechanisms, systems and tools to guarantee that new devices, software and features in our services, provide the safest experience to our customers.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle and testing methodology.
- Programming skills either one of Python , Scala , Swift or similar language.
- Developing and maintaining automation systems at scale.
- Strong attention to product details.
- Communicate bugs effectively to the Data Scientist and Data Engineers.
- Ability to work independently, triage problems, prioritize accordingly and take corrective actions.
As part of this team, you will establish, implement and evolve the formal QA processes to ensure that the group is using industry accepted standard methodologies. Design and develop the testing infrastructure i.e. testing tools, test frameworks , test reporting mechanisms to test software and services. Integrate the testing infrastructure with the continuous integration and continuous deployment systems to ensure all of the tools, services developed are properly tested and meet the quality goals. Write different types of tests i.e. Unit, Integration , acceptance tests for existing and new projects so as to ensure a bug free and hit quality of software is delivered to customers. Stay knowledgeable of new testing tools and strategies and evaluate the technologies to incorporate into the projects.
Education & Experience
• BS/MS in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- • Experience with XCTests / XCUITests is a plus.
- • This role may require occasional international travel/transatlantic travel.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.