Legal Counsel - Wallet, Payments, and Commerce
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we create products and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined - and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re motivated by the idea of making a real impact, and joining a team where we pride ourselves in being one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world, a career with Apple might be your dream job! Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your legal expertise to ground breaking and often unexplored aspects of the law. Do you love taking on big challenges without precedent? Do you possess a deep knowledge of the legal field and a passion for innovation? As a part of our Legal group, you’ll help uphold Appleʼs high ethical and corporate standards, as well as defend our intellectual property. You’ll help provide legal support for all our products and businesses across the globe. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your deep legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. Together with your team, you’ll provide the critical support needed for all Apple products and businesses across the region. Apple is looking for an expert payments attorney to join as Product Counsel supporting our Wallet, Payments, and Commerce team across Europe and the Emerging Markets region. This is a chance to be part of a hands-on team, leading in areas such as mobile wallets, consumer financial services, digital payments and platforms, and related services.
- Significant experience providing product legal advice for mobile wallets, payment cards, payments systems, alternative payments, digital services and platforms, and other related services
- Deep knowledge of and familiarity with European directives, laws, and regulations impacting payments and financial services
- Significant experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements, with strong intellectual property law and technology transactions background preferred
- Experience advising on laws and regulations applicable to collecting, storing, and using personal financial information preferred
- Excellent client development and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic and collaboration skills essential
- Experience working in an international team a plus
Do you enjoy applying your legal expertise to solving legal problems and helping others find solutions to big challenges? Does new technology, and the legal issues it can present, excite you? Do you like building strong client relationships and working with teams? Your key responsibilities will include drafting and negotiating agreements and advising the Wallet, Payments, and Commerce business team on complex and often new legal issues. You will need to have demonstrable working experience in structuring, drafting and negotiating services, development and other technology and commercial agreements, as well as counseling clients on day-to-day legal matters in a technology environment, including data privacy aspects. YOU WILL BE ENCOURAGED TO: 1. advise on the legal aspects of Apple’s relationships with third parties in a number of industries such as payments, access and transit, and 2. advise on the contract structure and commercial terms for Apple’s partners and customers, and 3. understand and translate the directives, laws, and regulations that apply to banks, payment networks, payment schemes, and other participants in the payments industry. We have a close-knit local team spanning the US, Europe, Asia and around the world.
Education & Experience
Relevant degree, excellent academic credentials, and authorized to practice law in the United Kingdom
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.