Apple Media Products (AMP) - Screening/Integration Engineer
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Apple Media Products Engineering are the team behind high profile services such as Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, Apple News+, Apple Fitness+ and more. We are looking for a world-class support engineer that can help the team analyse, triage, reproduce, troubleshoot, and investigate bugs and issues affecting our customer engagement and marketing automation platforms. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionised entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Here you have an extraordinary opportunity to help maintain, extend, support and evolve large-scale highly-available distributed systems, with positions currently available as we grow our amazing London team.
- Experience with bug or issue ticketing systems, such as Jira, Bugzilla or similar
- Familiarity with cURL, Postman or similar tool to exercise server-side RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of SQL and other query languages for relational and no-SQL databases
- Ability to read, understand and dissect systems and device logs (e.g.: sysdiagnose)
- Experience understanding and identifying problems in sophisticated, complex, distributed applications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to work closely and collaboratively with others
- Excellent logical, critical and analytical skills, and ability to autonomously tackle problems
The AMP Customer Engagement engineering team is responsible for building the platform and services that enable communicating with millions of subscribers every day, across services such as Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, Apple News+, Apple Fitness+ and more. In this role, you will be responsible for triaging and prioritising incoming feature enhancements and functionality regressions that may arise, ensuring that the tickets are appropriately raised and categorised. Additionally, you will perform the initial issue investigation, with the ability to clearly summarise and communicate your findings to the wider team. Similarly, you will engage and collaborate closely with other teams to ensure that tickets include all the necessary details for issues to be easily reproduced, thus enabling effective triaging, debugging and troubleshooting. As an integral member of the engineering team, you will propose and suggest logging and tooling improvements to the platform to facilitate the investigation, debugging and troubleshooting of issues affecting the platform. You will participate in engineering design and feature discussions to ensure all these concerns are taken into account early on during project execution. You will drive forward process improvements, consistency and best practices to ensure the backlog for the team is groomed appropriately and maintained in a good state.
Education & Experience
Undergraduate degree related to computing or equivalent experience.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.