Apple Media Products (AMP) - Software Engineer - Java
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Apple Media Products Engineering are the team behind high profile services such as Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, Apple News+, Apple Fitness+ and more. We are looking for a world-class server-side software engineer to help build the software for our customer engagement and marketing automation platforms. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionised entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Here you have a phenomenal opportunity to help build and evolve large-scale highly-available systems, with positions currently available as we grow our amazing London team.
- Have the ability to be able to write clean and high-performant code in Java
- Be familiar with the most common data structures and know what to use based on each use case
- Have a good understanding of concurrency
- Designing and building production APIs using micro-services written in Java
- Designing and building loosely coupled and eventually consistent distributed systems
The AMP Customer Engagement engineering team is responsible for building the platform and services that enable communicating with millions of subscribers every day, across services such as Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, Apple News+, Apple Fitness+ and more. In this role you will be responsible for designing, building and maintaining the team’s server-side platform that is used to build components that process requests at phenomenal scale, with low latency and high availability, supporting many features across many of our services. As a member of the team, you will be encouraged to propose, design and implement solutions, while taking ownership of critical components of the stack. You will be writing well-tested clean code using existing design patterns and utilise standard libraries where possible. You will bring improvements to how we do things and drive their acceptance. Experience in programming using Java is required.
Education & Experience
Undergraduate degree related to computing or equivalent experience.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.