Machine Learning/AI Engineering & Research Internship
Beijing, Beijing, China
Machine Learning and AI
Apple is seeking highly qualified people for the position of AI/ML Engineer and AI/ML Researcher. The team pursues research & development in the areas of machine learning (ML) with a particular focus on deep learning (DL), computer vision (CV), Natural Language Processing (NLP), optimization, and reinforcement learning (RL). As a member of the team, you will work on some of the most high-reaching technical problems, develop new ML solutions that will affect future Apple products, and collaborate with the best product teams to integrate your ideas into products. In addition, you will engage with the academic community by publishing your innovative research and speaking at conferences and events.
- In-depth knowledge in deep learning and machine learning
- Expertise in one or more areas: Neural Architecture Search, Model Compression and Acceleration, Few-shot Learning, Weakly-supervised & Semi-supervised Learning, Optimization, Reinforcement Learning, Imitation Learning, 3D Reconstruction.
- Excellent programming skills in Python, C/C++, CUDA, or other GPGPU is a plus
- Familiar with Tensorflow or Pytorch
- Strong publication record demonstrating innovative research
- Good presentation skills
- Passionate about building extraordinary products
- Encouraged to perform well in a fast-paced environment, complete the tasks assigned, meet the production requirements, and at the same time, explore independently new innovative ideas that can improve and transform the product experience of Apple customers
- Creative, collaborative, and product focused
We are looking for young talent to join our team in Beijing office. You will research and develop innovative ML strategies for challenging problems that will influence Apple products. You will collaborate with broader teams across Apple to transfer AI/ML solutions. You will have opportunities to provide technical mentorship and guidance and prepare technical reports for publication and conference talks. You are self-motivated, excellent problem solver, and a go-getter. You are quick to build links and work well with change and ambiguity. You have strong programming skills with tried experience crafting, prototyping, and delivering sophisticated algorithmic solutions.
Education & Experience
Currently pursuing a PhD degree in Machine Learning, Robotics, Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics or related areas.