iPhone System Electrical Engineer Intern
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Just be ready to dream big. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from ground breaking technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imaging what you could do here. At Apple, creative ideas have a way of becoming wonderful products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. We are looking for hard-working, passionate electrical engineers to provide design, test, validation and failure analysis to our iPhone product. The candidate will play an important role in the development of Apple products, collaborating with multi-functional teams. Additionally, the candidate will work closely with our Contract Manufacturer’s EE team to achieve our design and validation goals with a very high bar of quality.
- - Great EE fundamentals, which means you have a deep understanding of why our subject area works the way it does (analog/digital design, signal/power integrity, etc)
- - Basic hands-on capability on board level measurement and failure analysis
- - Experience (either during postgraduate stage or internship) in low power embedded systems design, from 8-bit and 16-bit micro-controllers to multi-core ARM based SoC’s, is deeply helpful
- - Experience with lab equipment including multimeters, oscilloscopes, power supplies and electric loads, TDRs, Spectrum analyzers is a plus.
- - Software (Python, Lua) and scripting experience is a plus.
- - Curious mind and both intuitive and detailed problem solving skills.
- - Excellent interpersonal skills in both English and Chinese.
- - Fast learner and eager to learn
- Participate in design and development of next generation iPhone from concept to mass production - Be the technical expert to support various engineering builds ranging from Proto, EVT to PVT. Represent the EE team in a multi-functional team environment - Be able to identify EE related issues in the field. Drive resolution of multi-functional issues including those related to architecture (performance, power consumption, thermal behavior), production (quality, failure analysis, manufacturing), and development (schematic design, PCB layout, and overall system integration) - Internship duration at least 4x month, 3~5 days per week
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD from the majors related below: - Electric engineering - Electronic Science and Technology - Information and Communication Engineering - Control Science and engineering
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.