iPhone Product Design Intern - Shenzhen
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Our dynamic group, you will have the outstanding and phenomenal opportunity to craft upcoming products will delight and encourage millions of Apple’s customers every single day.
- Ability to work in team-based environment.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and ability to use statistical tools and techniques.
- Knowledge of finite element analysis theory and general mechanical engineering analysis.
- Flexibility and comfort working in a constantly evolving environment.
- Desired Experience in any of the following:
- Prior experience in product design (preferably consumer electronics).
- Experience with component modules (LCD assemblies, batteries, camera modules, etc.) and their interconnect (FPC design and ACF bonding).
- Ability in plastic and metal part design.
- 3-D CAD skills
- Experience in Design for Manufacturability (DFM), and Design for Assembly (DFA), statistical tolerance analysis techniques, functional dimensioning, and geometric tolerancing.
- Handheld, portable and/or hardware experience.
- Integration of wireless antenna (GSM, GPS, Wifi) into mechanical enclosures.
- Design of audio subsystems (microphone, speaker, receiver).
- Unigraphics or Pro-engineer proficiency.
As a member of a multi-functional design team at Apple, you will help to create the next generation of the world's finest hardware devices. You will conceive, design, and bring into production products that will re-define user experience. You will work closely with many different multi-functional teams including Industrial Design, Packaging, Safety, Hardware Engineering, EMC, and Marketing.
Education & Experience
Pursuing a BS, MS or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science or similar degree. You are additionally required to return to school after the internship to continue or complete your education, or an internship needs to be required for graduation from your school. You also qualify if accepted into a graduate program after graduation.
- Good written and verbal English communication. Ability to balance multiple requests/tests.