iPhone Hardware System Engineer – Power Integrity and EMI
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it. The iPhone HW Group is seeking an enthusiastic electrical engineer for the System Technologies Team. The ideal candidate will work with HW multi-functional teams to perform in-depth design modeling, simulation, and validation of power delivery networks and electro-magnetic effects in iPhone systems.
- Must have strong EE fundamentals and problem solving ability
- Strong experience and knowledge in power integrity, power delivery network design and analysis for PCB, PMIC, and SOC subsystems
- Strong fundamentals in electromagnetics, RF/MW theory & Technology, and analog circuits
- Experience and knowledge in EM modeling, EMI interferences, and desense
- Demonstrated engineering passion, initiative, innovation, and creativity
- Hands-on experience in hardware board-level testing and measurements, lab equipment, hardware debugging, and with software debugging tools
- Tools: Circuit Simulators (Spice/Spectre), Ansoft/CST, Cadence/Sigrity, scripting languages (Python, Perl, PHP, Ruby, Shell, etc.) VNA, HS Scopes.
Perform modeling, simulation, and characterization of system power delivery network and analog circuits that include PCB, PMU, SOC, and Sub-Systems. Perform 2D/3D EM field modeling and simulation for system noises coupling and interferences between functional blocks, in both time-domain and frequency domain. Provide simulation and analysis of system level analog circuits, desense, co-existence, and interferences. Perform design feasibility study, design testing and verification, and system bring up. Provide design guideline and feedbacks to X-functional design teams. Support board layout and product bring up, debug, and validation.
Education & Experience