Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Lead, Korea (12 months contract)
Seoul, Seoul-si, Korea (Republic of)
Imagine what you could do here! We are growing in Korea and are looking for a collaborative, highly organised professional to serve as an Environment, Health and Safety Lead, supporting Corporate & Retail functions. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of local occupational health and safety requirements and workplace evaluation as well as a knowledge of applicable regulations and laws. A proven track record of effectively interaction and influence of senior management is crucial. We invite you to join us and help us leave the world better than we found it!
- 5+ years of EHS experience - preferably in multi-national companies. Retail experience preferred.
- Highly self motivated and self-managing
- A people oriented leadership style that thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic workplace
- Proactive, outspoken, sense of urgency to problem solving
- Ability to manage multiple high priority projects simultaneously
- Excellent English and Korean written and verbal communication skills
- In depth knowledge of one or more of the following: ergonomics, industrial hygiene, life safety systems, emergency response, physical safety, construction safety, accessibly support, Project Management.
- Partner with EHS Manager & EHS Leads to manage large scale global EHS projects and future initiatives. - Partner with Development, Preservation, Facilities People, Employee Relations and Store Leadership to develop and implement EHS policies, procedures and standards. - Integrate with Retail Support Operations, Retail Supply, Store Strategies, Global Store Support, New Store Opening (NSO) & Re-model team to ensure early knowledge of potential EHS challenges and advise accordingly. - Provide insight and advice on meeting the requirements of H&S for existing and emerging Apple sites, including Retail stores, office space and R&D space. - Ensure compliance with statutory requirements and work with Management teams to identify and handle risks. - Undertake regular site visits and provide mentorship & training to facilitate site-level compliance with applicable regulations - Be responsible for regulatory agency inspections, inquiries, contacts, and reporting in accordance with corporate and regulatory requirements. - Ensure regular H&S assessments, inspections and safety check ins are completed and communicated to the appropriate teams. - Overlook the process for reporting, investigating and communicating accidents, hazards and concerns. - Support sites with emergency response preparation, including emergency plans, training and drills. - Capability to handle the safety of large scale events - Act as point of contact for the coordination for EHS communications and escalations to and from Global Retail Support and Corp offices. - Support new store and new country opening team. - Partner with local H&S support vendors and local authorities. - Communicate effectively to all levels, from floor to corporate executives, the progress and trends towards achieving excellence in EHS compliance.
Education & Experience
A Bachelors Degree in Environmental Science / Engineering / Management or professional certification in other EHS subject areas
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.