Data Analytics Site Reliability Engineer
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
At Apple, our Data Analytics team focuses on improving the user experience by improving operating system stability, gathering feature usage telemetry, and evaluating device performance. This requires capturing data from customers who have given consent, utilizes strong privacy preserving techniques, and entails aggregating information, all to help inform direction. We develop and operate a variety of Big Data infrastructure products and applications in support of these goals.
- Demonstrable experience of production experience managing and supporting large scale distributed Big Data applications (from development to production)
- Experience with at least one of the following languages and related development tools: (Python, Ruby, Java, Scala)
- Experience with one or more of the following platforms: HDFS, Yarn, Spark, Impala, Hbase, MapReduce, Kubernetes, other cloud services
- Passion for quality and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We are looking for Site Reliability Engineer to be a member of our team. If working on large scale problems excites you then we’re excited to talk to you! Our team helps Apple engineers answer mission critical questions about their hardware, firmware, and software. We work with engineers across Apple to help keep our suite of analytics applications available and to ensure the integrity of their data. The successful candidate will write code to automate our processes to ensure reliability and manage thousands of compute and storage instances across large heterogeneous infrastructure. You'll dive into complex data and application issues to drive root cause analysis of large scale problems. You'll partner with your teammates and peers to solve problems, applying critical thinking skills and understanding of complex distributed systems. The candidate will have to opportunity to contribute to the development of Apple's applications such as Mail and Safari, in addition to help to improve the performance of macOS and iOS. Build, monitor, troubleshoot complex data infrastructure at the petabyte scale - Support the continuous development and deployment of multi service analytics applications - Develop tools and processes to automate the management of our systems and data
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.