PMU Silicon Validation Engineer
Swindon, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? Apple’s PMU Hardware Tech team are responsible for delivering the power in a highly configurable and controlled way to the high-end Apple SoCs, which power everything from Apple Watch and Apple TV to iPhone, iPad and Mac. You will get the opportunity to be part of a team delivering PMU silicon directly into next generation Apple products. We are looking for those with talent, ambition and passion, to innovate the way we validate our power management devices, that provide industry leading power efficiency, help achieve customer expectations of device performance and battery efficiency, and welcome you to work among the industry’s best! The responsibilities include contributing to the Silicon Validation hardware and software development, and having a significant role in shaping the validation architecture for future silicon. You will work closely with the Analog and Digital Design Engineers, together with the system and product teams that deliver Apple’s market leading products.
- Strong electronics background with knowledge of mixed-signal silicon validation
- Hands on experience with lab automation tools and environments
- Good programming skills in at least one programming language (eg. Python, C etc)
- Experience with design and/or validation of switching converters (Buck/Boost/Charger) and linear regulators (LDO)
- Experience with design and use of FPGAs
- Experience with development of PCB schematics and layout techniques
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, combined with the ability to collaborate
- Ability to work well on a multifaceted team, take responsibility, and motivate self and others
- Fluency in English is required
- Participate in bring-up & post-silicon validation of complex new silicon, with the objective of driving product to mass production - Develop, interpret and deliver silicon validation test cases and complex validation results - Board level circuit design, schematic capture, routing constraints definition, and PCB layout reviews - Work with multi-functional teams across Apple, to support product development into mass production - Collaborate with peers to achieve efficient and aligned methodologies
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent field is required.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.