PMU Analog Design Methodology Engineer (m/f/d)
Swindon, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you like working on a world class analog-mixed-signal design team? Are you passionate about the design process? We have an opportunity for a forward-thinking and especially talented Analog Mixed-Signal IC Engineer. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the rare and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every day! Our Silicon Engineering is seeking qualified circuit designers/managers to work on the next generation of analog & mixed-signal (AMS) circuits for Apple’s world-leading Power Management Units (PMUs) that supply power to critical sub-systems in virtually all of our products. You will be part of a growing Design Methodology team involved in design and productization of groundbreaking CMOS and BCD process technology nodes!
- Solid understanding of industry standard analog IC design tools (Cadence schematic capture, simulation, layout)
- Proven experience taking projects from the concept phase, through design and layout, tapeout, to silicon validation, ATE and qualification, and finally into high volume mass production
- Ability to navigate the hierarchy of design schematics, inspect critical analog layouts, and run circuit simulations
- Ability to run design verification CAD flows (e.g., electro-migration, IR drop, floating node checks, LVS, DRC)
- Working knowledge of post-layout extracted simulations and the influence of parasitics on circuit performance
- Strong background in power IC electrical specifications
- Deep understanding of semiconductor device physics, IC processing fundamentals, ESD, latch-up, and electrical overstress
- Strong working knowledge of CMOS, DMOS and BJT device models
- Strong background in lab measurement analysis for power integrated circuits (validation)
- Experience with ATE development support and production testing of high volume power ICs
- Experience with peer review of circuit designs in a team setting (Design Reviews)
- Experience working with multi-functional teams (System Engineering, IC layout, lab validation, ATE, Qual/Rel, Architecture)
- Working knowledge of device safe operating area (SOA), PDN effects on device stress, and hot carrier injection (HCI)
- Understanding of digital design fundamentals, and how they pertain to analog mixed-signal circuit designs
- Fluency in English
- The team member will work as a part of the Design Methodology Group to support productivity improvement and design optimization within the IC Design team. - Analyze and review ongoing project designs (specifications, schematics, simulation results, IC layouts, design documentation) - Attend and participate in Analog and AMS Design Reviews - Work with multi-functional teams to improve design productivity (IC Design, CAD, Technology, Architecture, Validation, ATE, Quality and Reliability) - The range of fundamental circuits used includes bandgap references, bias circuits, op amps, comparators, switch-capacitor circuits, oscillators, DACs and ADCs, load switches, GPIOs, crystal oscillators, temperature sensors, PLLs and FLLs, filters - Strong experience with second-order effects such as device mismatch, package stress, thermal analysis, linearity, stability, low-power and low-noise design techniques. - The applications of these analog and mixed signal circuits include LDOs, buck converters, boost converters, buck-boost converters, charge pumps, battery chargers, battery management controllers, WLED backlight drivers.
Education & Experience
MSEE and several years (10 years+) in Analog Design required Design Management experience preferred
- This role is available in our offices in Livorno (Italy), Nabern or Munich (Germany) and Swindon (UK).
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.