SWE - Pre-Silicon Framebuffer Driver Engineer, GGD
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Apple’s GGD (Graphics, GPU and Display) Software team provides the graphics software foundation for all of Apple's innovative products, including iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Mac, and Watch. Our responsibilities encompass the frameworks, developer tools, and hardware drivers for the GPU and Display devices for all of Apple’s hardware.
- Excellent programming skills and knowledge of C/C++
- Development experience on Linux or macOS
- Excellent software design, problem solving and debugging skills
- Experience using and implementing general operating system concepts and strong kernel-mode device driver development skills
- Experience with systems engineering or low-level hardware, firmware and driver programming
The Apple Framebuffer Driver team develops the display software driver for Apple's high performance proprietary hardware technologies on all products. We are looking for an engineer who is highly driven, curious, collaborative, and passionate about being on the cutting edge of new display technology. The successful candidate will be a high-energy problem solver with a passion for excellence and quality and a track record for getting the job done.
Education & Experience
MSc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience with embedded systems
- Experience with parallel and asynchronous processing
- Experience with hardware bring-up and debugging
- Knowledge of scaling, filtering, and video formats a plus
- Knowledge of display technology a plus
- Proficiency with Python a plus
- Apple's most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products. Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.