Manager Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) - Storage, Apple Cloud Services
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Are you a talented Site Reliability Engineering Manager with a passion for distributed storage systems? Ready to be part of a focused and lively team bringing distributed storage technologies to Apple's infrastructure? At Apple, scale is huge and impact is enormous — you could be part of a team with a growing mission and that is powering storage behind many of Apple's most popular properties. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what we can do!
- Proven experience with distributed systems
- Demonstrable success leading engineering teams; ideally SRE or Production Engineering
- Knowledge of distributed storage (object storage or block storage), or similar large scale distributed databases
- Understanding of SRE principals, including monitoring, alerting, error budgets, fault analysis, and other common reliability engineering concepts
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, and containerization
- Proficient in at least one of Golang, Java or Rust
The Storage SRE organization needs a strong leader for our London location, where you'll manage Storage focused SRE teams, working closely with our peer SRE team in the US, and development partners in US and Europe. You'll help build and optimize the Storage stack from the bare metal to the top of the application, helping design provisioning systems, code deployment, monitoring, alerting, and performance improvements. Together with the team, you'll help run the storage used by some of Apple's largest teams.
Education & Experience
BS, MS, in Computer Science or equivalent experience