Compiler Engineering Manager
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
The CPU and Accelerator Compilers Team is responsible for optimizations and code generation for CPUs and Accelerators on all Apple platforms. Our team works across many different organizations on state-of-the art, industry impacting technology that improves the user experience for all Apple customers with better run-time performance, battery life, compile-times, code size or enhanced security. A lot of the team's work happens directly in the LLVM open source project and gets presented at the LLVM Developer Meeting and the Apple’s WWDC conferences. We are looking for a manager with a strong engineering background who is eager to work with engineers and other leaders at Apple on advancing our technology, and who strives to build a diverse, balanced and dynamic team environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and adaptive approach to problem solving
- Track record of building collaborative working relationships across large organizations
- Extensive experience in compiler optimizations and performance tuning technologies
- Knowledge of CPU hardware architectures, capabilities and performance characteristics
- Excellent software design, problem solving, debugging, and performance analysis ability
- Passion for mentoring engineers
Our team is diverse, collaborative, and creative. Our work is at the edge of modern compiler and tools development. Would you like to join an organization of highly motivated engineers and managers who are passionate about advancing compiler technology to the next level? You will lead a small team on the design and implementation of new optimizations in the compiler middle end to speed up applications built in C/C++, Swift and ObjectiveC. The technology you and your team develops will enable pioneering security features and showcase new hardware capabilities for millions of users. You will be an active contributor to the llvm.org (http://llvm.org/) project, and foster collaborations with other teams within the organization and across Apple.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- - Experience hiring engineers and technical leaders and helping grow their careers
- - Experience in a range of compilers and computer languages
- - Experience in LLVM open source software development
- - Familiarity with computer micro-architecture and operating systems
- - Familiarity of application development and machine learning
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products. Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.