GPU Platform Architecture Intern
Saint Albans, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Do you have an uncommon desire to seek out and solve exceedingly difficult challenges rather than the easy ones? Do you believe that truly valuable and meaningful accomplishments are the result of pushing the limits of perseverance? Do you believe that a world-class team with relentless drive can surpass even their own high expectations? We do! But we also realise this job isn’t for everyone. What we do isn’t easy but you don’t take the easy path. We are seeking highly motivated, innovative, and confident individuals to join the GPU Platform Architecture Team; we are a group that is driving advanced exploration for next generation GPU architectures. In this highly visible role, you will be at the centre of a chip design effort working with all disciplines, with a critical impact on getting high performant products to millions of customers quickly.
- Knowledge and interest on computer architecture and micro-architecture
- Knowledge of performance modelling, logic design and power is desirable
- Curiosity about machine learning and classification algorithm is a plus
- Strong coding skills including object-oriented programming with C and C++
- Strong understanding of software design patterns and common data structures and algorithms
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Perl, Python, or Ruby
- Comfortable in an environment of uncertainty and able to work through ambiguities
- You will need strong communication, influence, and negotiation skills to ensure the right data driven decisions are taken
As an intern in the GPU Platform Architecture group, you will join a team that is defining and optimising Apple's GPU architecture. With others, you will seek out areas for improvement while collecting data and measurements that either confirm the idea or rule it out. You will collaborate with experienced architects and micro-architecture to assess the feasibility of ideas, refine ideas, and seed new ones. The role requires the analysis of interesting workloads across existing and new product categories to identify bottlenecks and opportunities for improvement. You’ll be architecting new features and brainstorming novel ideas to boost performance. You’ll collaborate with world-class GPU and SoC Architects to steer and improve the implementation of GPU simulators and performance/energy models used for research, performance/power analysis, and microarchitecture tuning. We also cross-collaborate as a larger architecture and performance team to maintain and improve the simulation environment and look for ways to boost the productivity of the entire team. In this position, you will be encouraged to: - Contribute towards performance/power modeling proposed architectural solutions and features - Gather, analyse, and validate measured and simulated results to compare architectural design alternatives - Carefully analyze and present results to enable data specific architecture/design - Work with the multi-functional teams to develop architectural solutions
Education & Experience
Currently enrolled in your penultimate year of studies in a CE, EE, EIE, CS or related field.