GC Field Merchandising Leader
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Region, Hong Kong
Merchandising at Apple enriches lives by connecting our story (products and services) to our customer. We do this by obsessing over the details, executing flawlessly and delivering compelling engagement strategies. We encourage curiosity and create an environment for customers to explore, interact and discover. As part of the Merchandising Field team, you are the conduit of information between the Apple Retail stores and our Merchandising teams (part of Global Retail Support). You advise on key Merchandising product and engagement initiatives, and data to Field Leadership (Store Leader and above) to impact ownership outcomes. You gather relevant feedback from the field and share it with stakeholders to provide context to the data. You convey the vision and purpose of Merchandising strategies, provide guidance on programs, and support teams to flawlessly deliver an unparalleled customer journey in the Product Zone and in the Avenues.
- Customer Focus
- Presentation Skills
- Command Skills
- Managing Vision and Purpose
Partner with Market Director and Market Leaders around ownership opportunities and how merchandising strategies can drive Retail’s priorities Drive in-store experience through aligning store team on Merchandising engagement programs Lead in-store execution of Merchandising for new store openings, remodels and relocations Provide overnight support and guidance to Retail stores during Merchandising resets, including New Product Introductions and Accessory resets Regular store visits to review Merchandising principles and connect with field leadership Provide high level guidance and support for the Technology & Merchandising Pros in stores Selection, training and leadership of the NSO Merchandising Mentor Program Participate in key Field Leadership calls and meetings to drive alignment of Retail’s priorities Provide consistent feedback to Geo Merchandising partners to ensure success of current and future programs Create Merchandising standards and principles for a globally uniform execution and experience
Education & Experience
BA/BS or equivalent degree (Business, Marketing, or related degree preferred)
- Strong interpersonal, communication and listening skills
- Ability to operate within ambiguous situations and achieve results in a matrix structure
- Action oriented, passion for delivering results and making impact from Strategy to Tactical implementation
- Flexibility to handle directional changes. Proficient at managing multiple projects concurrently.
- Well versed in negotiation and persuasion. Ability to find a win-win with multiple stakeholders
- Commitment to identifying and communicating innovative ideas to improve processes and performance
- Able to commit to working outside of normal business hours as well as travel locally and abroad up to 80% of the time.
- 7-10 years Retail Management or Merchandising experience preferred