Optical Test Development Engineer
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Region, Hong Kong
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here at Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. PPOS-T team is seeking for an exceptional optical test development engineer with responsibilities for research, development, evaluation, qualification and deployment of test solutions for various optical sensing modules.
- In-depth understanding of lasers and free space optics characterization and test methodology.
- Hands-on experience with optical instrumentations setup (cameras, precision stages, controllers, lasers, optical components, etc.)
- Knowledge in volume production test equipment Gauge R&R, correlation, failure analysis, data analysis, design of experiments, etc.
- Strong fundamental knowledge of Optics, Electrical, SW and/or Mechanical.
- Self-motivated and passionate in delivering best in class test solutions.
- Excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills.
- Experience and background in one or more of the below area preferred:
- Optical measurement system, light sources and optical system simulation.
- 2D/3D CAD fixture design and tolerance stack-up analysis.
- Prototype/Bench test setup.
- C/C++ programming and/or board level firmware development.
- Electrical and mechanical noise isolation.
- Industry experience in test engineering
- Collaborate with cross-functional team and vendors for research, development and deployment of optical test equipment involving laser sources, sensing module, motorized stages/actuators and a variety of optical elements (lenses, filters, mirror, etc) for high volume manufacturing. - Authoring fixture design, testing, qualification and buy-off requirements document and ensure fixture are in compliance to all requirements for deployment. - Provide onsite support during fixture bring-up and build support. - Perform data analysis and make recommendations based on data. - Transfer test infrastructure ownership to operation team during ramp up phase and serve as a consultant to operation team during mass production phase. - Provide regular update on project status, issues/resolutions and help needed to cross-functional team and executives.
Education & Experience
MS/PhD in Optics, Physics or equivalent
- Frequent travel to suppliers' facilities will be required for tester bring up and build support.