Video Editor/QA Engineer
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Are you a person with a creative mindset? Are you passionate about quality ? We are looking for a Video industry expert who has worked in the film industry to assess software and hardware quality through testing of a wide range of professional video applications on Apple's macOS based products. Someone who understands the capabilities and limitations of video editing practises and can use this to help expose hardware and system software issues on Apple products. You will play a meaningful part in our company’s product development and will conduct tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets Apple's and customer's expectations. In this role, you should have a keen eye for detail and excellent interpersonal skills. If you hold a video engineering or editing background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, you will ensure that our products, applications and systems work correctly. Your responsibilities include crafting and implementing workflows to aid with uncovering and reporting of issues to improve our product quality.
- Work experience or industry practise in digital video editing/production with a deep understanding of hardware technology, equipment and techniques used in industry
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Avid Media Composer, Premiere, After Effects, Motion, DaVinci Resolve, Motion and Final Cut)
- A video workflow authority with experience and knowledge integrating systems in a range of professional video applications is desirable
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools with the ability to write and execute automation/scripting for a testing environment is desirable
- Experience with MacOS operating system is a plus
- BS/MS degree in film studies, cinematography, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet product consumer needs by building detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans for manual and automated testing Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements and provide technical feedback. Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs. Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
Education & Experience
BS/MS degree in film studies, cinematography, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Ideally the person should have training in digital video technology, multimedia production, audio video troubleshooting, audiovisual technology or similar.