Supplier Quality Engineer
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Engineering team are looking for an experienced Supplier Quality Engineer who ideally has both mechanical and electrical Engineering expertise. You will be experienced in Quality management systems and data analysis. In this highly visible and hands on role, you will work with our suppliers to develop, drive and communicate Quality plans and metrics. This role requires international travel within partner supplier network.
- 5+ years of experience with Quality Engineering or a similar environment
- Consumer electronics experience preferred but not required, however if you have experience within medical, automotive, aerospace and other fields with relevant technology and development models you are encouraged to apply
- Experience of handling suppliers building electrical modules such as displays, power supplies, PCBs
- High level of knowledge in Mechanical Engineering in particular focused on mechanical piece part assessment and subassembly integration. Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings and CAD designs and ability to assess the parts from specifications.
- Experience of mechanically assessing parts for dimensions and other items of interest. Ability to use mechanical tools such as calipers and pin gauges. Ability to program and use a CMM / OMM would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of the following processes: PCB and metal and plastic manufacturing techniques and their associated process controls; Six Sigma; GPK and GR&R
- Knowledge of CE Machine requirements, URS, FAT, SAT in fixture commissioning.
- Knowledge and Use of data analysis techniques such as Minitab or JMP
- Proven ability to understand all aspect of Quality and to be able to lead and, influence and drive Suppliers.
- Strong attention to detail and self-motivated to investigate and solve difficult problems
- Flexibility and adaptability while working in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
We work in a highly collaborative and cross functional environment, with multiple deadlines, handling several projects at a time. You will partner with Suppliers to produce quality process specifications as required during the development and implementation of new products. You will lead the implementation of inspection technologies that achieve process reliability and product improvements with a focus on in –process inspection and testing. •Assess or select Suppliers and follow up on routine Audits, improvements and corrective actions. •Develop and manage Quality plans for Suppliers. •Assess material and modules and identify / understand their key Quality parameters. •Develop Supplier OQC and Apple IQC plans for material and modules. •Approve design specifications (e.g. CAD drawings.) •Establish a system of metrics to continually monitor measurable quality performance •Select, set up and establish procedures for cages and equipment used in the Quality inspection process. •Use of statistical analysis for key Quality data. •Support risk assessment activities using FMEA and other Quality assessment techniques. •Ensure effective root cause and corrective action is put in place for issues found.. •Work with R&D to ensure CTQ (Critical to Quality) are agreed and documented for all New product activity. •Support QA input to design for manufacturing activities.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Engineering required - Mechanical would be great
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.