Logistics Project Manager and Business Analyst
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Operations and Supply Chain
The AppleCare Distribution Center (DC) Logistics team are responsible for the operation of Apple’s DC’s for our reverse/service logistics operation in EMEIA. Our team manages a number of 3PL (third party logistics) partners across the EMEIA region, and delivers industry leading service to our customers. This is an opportunity to be part of a highly motivated team and work in a dynamic environment where change is constant. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity, primarily focused on implementing and managing projects and process improvements across our Logistics network, while also working with operational data to improve areas like performance, cost and quality. You will build extraordinary relationships with internal and external partners, have strong analytical and influencing skills, and lead projects that have a positive impact on both our customers and our business. You'll have extraordinary communication and project management skills, together with a deep understanding of logistics. If you thrive on leading and influencing complex business relationships, then this could be your ideal job. We'd love to hear from you.
- In this role, you'll need to demonstrate an authoritative understanding of multi-function operational and technical processes within logistics. You will also be required to deep dive into operational metrics and data to validate 3PL data and metrics.
- You're a strategic thinker who can ‘connect the dots’ of the bigger picture, as well as being comfortable in the details.
- You are also flexible, with a bias for action and accuracy, and a proven track record for delivering on key initiatives and the ability to develop and maintain relationships.
- You'll need to be highly technical, able to quickly understand business processes and drivers in a logistics environment.
- You'll act as a trusted partner in cross functional capital projects, and you'll also lead and deliver operational improvement projects in our DCs.
- You'll bring strong data management and analytical skills to the role, with a confirmed ability to drill into operational data, analyze the data and make recommendations to peers and management teams.
- Ability to run complex projects in a functional organisation.
- The person needs to be inquisitive and have an ability to challenge the status quo and look for improvements in the process and supply chain.
- A desire to operate hands on in the role with excellent verbal, analytical, written, organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong experience of business standard software such as Keynote, Excel, and Tableau
Partner with 3PL to devise and deliver processes & system solutions that meet the needs of changing business conditions. Project manage operational change and re-engineering solutions. Lead brainstorming sessions to gather requirements & risks with the Apple DC operational teams. Influence at all levels to gain consensus on solutions, approach and priorities. Inspire change to help our business continue to grow and improve. Create and develop professional and open relations with external and internal partners. Develop business project plans and schedules. Prioritize, manage and deliver project activities in a fluid business environment. Participate in capital projects as a key business partner Develop reporting and dashboards for key operational processes and data share points and set up access for key data.
Education & Experience
Degree in a relevant discipline required Strong experience of project management in similar areas is key Experience with business applications such as Keynote, Excel, Connect Me, Tableau
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.