Channel Service Support Vendor Manager
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Operations and Supply Chain
Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. What will you do? At Apple, extraordinary ideas have a way of becoming excellent products, services and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. AppleCare’s Vendor Manager (VM) has overall responsibility for the operational performance of outsource AppleCare Channel Service Support (CSS) partners of the region. The VM engages with assigned site(s) to review daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly performance, drive improvement plans, and act as the primary point of contact for Apple on all outsourced operational matters for the CSS organisation in region. The CSS VM also liaises regularly with relevant AppleCare internal groups within CSS and the Contact Centre. In addition, the VM will be collaborating with the global CSS Vendor Manager to ensure seamless on boarding of new vendors and contract negotiations in region. Each regional will drive regional performance and, in tandem lead global consistency with CSS VM in other regions. You will also ensure that information flows smoothly between Apple and outsource CSS partners. You possess strong collaboration and communication skills as well as business sense, with a proven track record of managing successful business outsource relationships. Past experience in managing outsourcing partner relationships at a range of hierarchy levels is also a requirement. This is a key role in a dynamic team. You are organized and dedicated, with strong analytical skills, capable of prioritizing and managing multiple activities at a time with varying levels of complexity and business impact. Effective negotiation skills, resource balancing and ability to inspire change are also critical attributes.
- Proven experience of vendor management, contracts and negotiation principles.
- Deep understanding of cost and financial accounting principles.
- Ability to interpret complex analysis, budgeting data and business information.
- Preferred: Six Sigma and/or COPC process training
- Review performance metrics to ensure they are within contract specifications. If the performance metrics are out of spec, the Vendor Manager will follow up with the vendor and internal Apple teams to understand the issues and to develop action plans with target goals and timelines to address the gaps. - Enthusiastically address any business operations issues that affect the vendor’s ability to meet the requirements of the contract. Providing timely feedback to the appropriate internal groups on Apple programs and procedures that impact the vendor. - Perform regular review meetings comprised of the Apple and vendor teams. Facilitate periodic Business and Executive Reviews. Periodically lead enterprise-wide Daily / Monthly Operations calls as required by the business. - Working with the internal sites to ensure that appropriate internal activities are also conducted at vendor locations (i.e. ongoing roundtables, training, inventory audits.) - Review and enforce business operations concerns to and from the vendor. - Analyse business operations data including all service metrics and partner and customer satisfaction surveys to identify actionable trends. - Contribute to determining root causes of operational issues by utilizing a structured process improvement methodology. - Partner with vendor sites to build action plans to effectively address root causes. - Working with Procurement to scale changes, new critical metrics, amendments, site openings, closures, program additions or removals - Facilitating executive level issues and disputes. - Build relationships with other internal groups who collaborate with our partners both within AppleCare and beyond. - Actively identify and implement business improvement initiatives and projects. - Collaborate with the CSS Readiness team to assist in documenting and sizing any new business processes and requirements coming into the group via AppleCare & CSS projects and initiatives. - Work closely with internal groups to understand legal, strategic and financial aspects of vendor relationships. - Negotiate with internal and external resources for landmarks and expected outcomes. - Review vendor forecasts and capacity planning assumptions - Review and approve vendor supplemental invoice costs. - Continually seek and implement opportunities for business improvement and cost efficiency. - Travel Required - 10-30%.
Education & Experience
- BA/BS Degree in business or related field.