Software Developer in Test
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. Apples OS Build Quality team are seeking a creative and highly motivated Software Development Engineer in Test who will be responsible for developing practical and fault-tolerant tests for iOS and macOS.
- Passion for testing, testing methodologies, testing technologies and test automation development.
- Experience using Version Control tools - such as CVS, SVN, Git.
- Programming skills in Objective-C/C++/C/Swift and/or scripting language such as Python, Ruby, or Perl
- Knowledge or experience developing applications for iOS, Mac, Unix or Linux environments.
- Deep understanding of QA methodologies and practices.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to take on hard problems with innovative and maintainable solutions.
This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong technical and communication skills to handle responsibilities which will include developing test automation for first-party applications on iOS and macOS. Responsibilities will include design and implementation of test plans and test cases, risk analysis, and integration testing across Apple platforms.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience working in a software development or test environment
- Role is based in Cork, Ireland. The working hours are 10am - 6:30pm.