Operations Manager – Supplier Management
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Operations and Supply Chain
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we build products and experiences people once could not have imagined and now cannot imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, a career with Apple might be your dream job. We support and promote career development throughout our organisation, and a long and exciting career with many opportunities to enable you to perfect your existing skills and acquire new ones. Teamwork is important at Apple, and every day you will connect with and be supported by your peers and colleagues at one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world. As an individual, you will have responsibility for contributing to our continued success and be a key player within the function. We are currently looking for someone to join EMEIA Manufacturing Operations Team. This is a fast moving, dynamic environment where flexibility and adaptability are key attributes needed for success. You will be a self-starter, motivated with Business Management, Engineering and Project Management skills. You'll have exceptional communication skills, be able to work on their own initiative and ideally have experience of working within a ‘matrix management’ environment. The EMEIA Manufacturing Operations team is looking for a highly motivated, detail oriented, Operations Manager to manage specific aspects of our key Suppliers manufacturing/supply business. This is an exciting opportunity to be a leader in Apple's exceptional Manufacturing Operations organisation. If you're keen to join one of the most successful companies in the world, then we'd love to hear from you. Let’s do our best work together.
- Enthusiastic communicator with the ability to troubleshoot issues.
- Ability to multi-task and utilize resources to execute tasks within a deadline oriented environment
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills
- Commitment to continuous process improvement initiatives and ability to solve problems creatively
- Supplier Management/ Ops management experience
- Technical/Quality Engineering skills
- Project Management experience
- Familiarity with gift card production / print production is a benefit
- Technical or Quality Engineering background strongly desired
- Ability to build effective relationships in a cross-functional team environment
- Data analysis and numeric skills with the ability to evaluate, analyse and present data
- Highly motivated and high level of initiative
- Advanced quantitative and analytical abilities
- Experience in creating business specifications
- Track record of responding quickly and decisively to issues
- Excellent Teammate.
- Good planning and organisation skills.
You will be responsible for managing some of our suppliers' manufacturing facilities to ensure key facets of the business are met, to include: New Product Introductions, factory capacities, factory capabilities, on time deliveries & product quality. You will have interactions with the Supply base, Quality and Technical Engineering, Procurement as well as other Operations functions. Commercial acumen with demonstrated negotiation skills would be a great advantage. The role will require travel. You will ensure to liaise with the global team to ensure there is consistency in processes/methodologies across sites in other geos.
Education & Experience
Masters/Bachelors degree ideally in Supply Chain/Engineering