AR Reporting Analyst
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we create products and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, a career with Apple might be your dream job… Just be prepared to dream big. Apple has been operating in Cork since 1980. We have grown to over 5000 employees, serving our customers through a wide range of critical business functions, which are key to Apple’s continued success. Teamwork is important at Apple, and every day you will connect with and be supported by your peers and colleagues at one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world. As an individual, you will have responsibility for contributing to our continued success and be a key player within your job function. We support and promote career development throughout the organization, offering a long and exciting career with many opportunities to enable you to perfect your existing skills - and acquire new ones. The successful candidate will become a member of the wider Finance team at Apple. With over 300 employees from a multitude of backgrounds, the Finance department in Cork supports all functions of Apple in EMEIA, including Sales Fulfillment, Logistics, Manufacturing and Operations, Apple Music and Apple Retail as well as being part of the Global Business Solutions (GBS) function. Order to Cash (O2C) is a team of over 70 people that supports Apple’s revenue generation and related cash collection across its varied lines of business – iTunes, Retail, Online Store & B2B. The EMEIA Order to Cash team has counterparts in three other GBS locations Austin, Singapore & Shanghai.
- The Order to Cash team is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated analyst to deliver timely, relevant, and accurate data to a variety of stakeholders and decision makers in order to drive continual improvements. This is a key role in a dynamic environment with the potential for the role to develop further with additional responsibilities in line with business requirements.
- Skilled user of Business Intelligent Tools: Business Objects, Advanced Excel (VBA, Macro), Tableau & SQL. Experience with Python or data science platforms a distinct advantage.
- Proven analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Working knowledge of business processes and related reporting & analysis activities
- Ability to analyse and operate on large data sets.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Data Warehouse such as Teradata.
- Ability to develop prototypes and mock ups.
- Detail orientated and self-motivated individual able to function effectively when working independently or in a team
- High attention to detail, organisation, team-orientation and an ability to work under tight deadlines
- Strong business insights; ability to engage with all levels of the organisation for process improvement and reporting
- Strong communication, presentation, and social skills
The person will work directly with business partners to analyse requirements, develop a deep understanding of underlying business process and propose/implement automated solutions that will help the business execute effectively and expertly. Become a key analytical point person for the O2C team by demonstrating knowledge with existing tools and processes Document key data and reporting priorities for the team Partner with Global Process Owners and Regional Process Managers to define short and long term data and reporting strategies Work with other regional leads and SME’s to pursue answers to questions raised by data analysis Influence requirements for improvements to reporting tools (bug fixes / enhancement requests), with an eye for eliminating manual data extraction and processing Handle the relationship with key stakeholders and reporting teams to propose solutions, and facilitate prioritisation of work Work with GFSS Reporting & Analytics team to ensure data sets are aligned with requirements
Education & Experience
You will hold a Degree in BIS or related fields. Ideally you will have previous experience as a data analyst. We honour individuality, human dignity and equality. We want people to be themselves. Lets do our best work together. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.