Test Engineering Manager
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Do you have a passion for invention and self-challenge? Do you thrive on pushing the limits of what’s considered feasible? The people here at Apple don’t just create products - they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do. The Product Operations team is looking for a passionate, self-motivated and hard-working test engineering manager to be part of a diverse, dynamic and high-energy team. We work in a highly collaborative and multi-functional environment, with multiple deadlines, handling several projects at a time. You will lead a geographically dispersed team of test engineers and technicians to develop our European Test Engineering team into a Center of Excellence for test architecture, development and deployment. Reporting directly to the EMEIA Director of Engineering, the role will be based out of Apple's EMEIA Headquarters in Cork and will involve international travel to some of our international partners. This is a great opportunity to be a leader in Apple's exceptional Product Operations organisation. If you're keen to join one of the most successful companies in the world, then we'd love to hear from you. Let’s do our best work together.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience in test engineering including at least 3 years as a senior manager or director
- Strong interpersonal and demonstrated leadership skills are essential, along with ability to operate comfortably in a fast moving and flexible environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, problem resolution and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated experience mentoring, coaching and empowering test teams
- Demonstrated strong technical skills in hardware and / or software
- Experience in juggling multiple project schedules and overseeing a large team of staff on a variety of projects across geographies
- Experience with collaborating with similar teams in different geographies to devise the best test solutions for the business
- Ability to effectively prioritize, multi-task and work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Experience working in a high volume manufacturing environment across different geographies would be a distinct advantage
You will use your management and technical expertise to tackle diverse test engineering problems at scale. You are comfortable with rapidly-evolving and dynamic requirements and have excellent communication skills. You will articulate ideas clearly within our team and collaborate with other organizations at Apple. You will be the European Technical leader for all Test related activities: Define and implement the overall Test strategy for the team Develop strong links with the Engineering teams in Cupertino and in the OEM’s for Products worked on in Europe Drive continuous Test process improvement initiatives Keep your eye on the future by ensuring that we never get surprised by a new technology that could help improve processes in our European sites Publish the weekly Test dashboard and ensure that the team meets its key goals. Ensure that critical metrics (Yield, Cost, downtime etc) are monitored regularly and that clear process improvement plans are implemented for any test related issues that impact these metrics. Represent the test engineering department at all local and international Strategic business meetings Provide effective test engineering and technical leadership to European operations during launch/sustaining activities Provide leadership, supervision & motivation to the European wide team. Handle all test engineering headcount planning, development, reviews and goal setting for all of the European based test team Collaborate with multi-functional peers on key business initiatives. Actively participate in these discussions in a fully transparent manner and bring data to these discussions based on the data analytics performed by your team. Balance the Finance budget (incl Travel budget) for the Test department
Education & Experience
Minimum degree in Electronic/Electrical Engineering or if you have an equivalent Third Level engineering qualification you are encouraged to apply
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.